Card draw simulator
|None. Self-made deck here.|
StartWithTheName · 37835
This is a submission to the Mythos Busters competition to build a deck that uses a card that is under-rated or under played. For anyone who doesnt know what this is, You can find the competition episode here:
Massive thanks to the Fantastic Mythos Busters Podcast for all they do. I have been listening to your cast for years and the community you've built on the discord is just fantastic. For anyone who doesnt know about the Mythos Busters, you can find them at these links:
- And i cant figure out how to link to the discord, but if someone tells me how to do it i`ll happily edit it in.
Anyway! On with the deck!
Back in the Core set there was a card called:
I consider this to be underplayed since, well.... is it possible to have enough of Drawn to the Flame. It is just such an insightful source of information in the Arkham LCG sphere. If i had the time, I would play Drawn to the Flame. All day, every day. Wouldnt you?
Its under-rated since, well, can you rate it high enough? I think that if anything Drawn to the Flame gets less attention than it deserves. Certainly despite being considerably better than its competition, people do still play the alternatives from time to time.
And the card? Well - its also pretty decent. I mean thats 2 automatic clues for one action and shouting the words "I love Drawn to the Flame" at the top of your voice as you do so is only mandatory if you are in the same room as a mythos busters cast member.
That said, if you could repeatedly use Drawn to the Flame over and over you could probably get away without needing to use regular investigation methods and you would likely be bringing in the clues at a decent rate. Of course with Sefinas high and you are probably dealing able to deal with encounter checks fairly well, evade off enemies as needed, or Backstab them with ease.
GREAT - HOW MANY TIMES CAN WE PLAY IT?
Drawn to the Flame can be played via the following methods:
- 2x Natural plays
- 3x The Painted World (if you can get a copy of Dttf under your ID)
- 2x Quantum Flux if its in the discard after being played
- 2x De Vermis Mysteriis if its in discard the after being played again...
= 9 plays in total. Each of these can be Double, Doubled!:
THAT'S UPTO 18 PLAYS!
2x Time Warp lets you see that beautiful Drawn to the Flame moment over and over again! with Double, Double that can be twice! And with De Vermis Mysteriis you can replay Time Warp maybe getting you up to 8 replays! Oh the joys!
THAT'S UPTO 26 PLAYS!
HEY, SOMEONE ELSE HAS A COPY!
But they`ll miss out on our wonderful Double, Double bonus! Oh no!
- Its ok we have 2x "You owe me one!" - thats 4 more plays!
WERE UPTO 30 PLAYS! WOO!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- HOW DO WE FIND ALL THESE TOOLS TO PLAY DTTF ALL DAY? - LOTS OF DRAW:
- HOW DO WE DEAL WITH ALL THESE ENCOUNTER CARDS?
- WHAT IF WE DRAW AN ENEMY?
- YOU SAID TIME WARP ADDS PLAYS - BUT YOU WONT GET ANY MORE CLUES... WHY BOTHER...
- If you think this is about clues you may have missed the point. #stokethebloodfeud.
- AND HOW ARE THESE QUESTIONS "FREQUENTLY ASKED"? YOU WROTE THEM BEFORE YOU PUBLISHED THE DECK!
- Er ... im sorry we seem to have run out of time. Interview is over... I need to be on my way.