When I consider "deal 2 damage" effect, this card seems good comparing other "deal damage" cards.
- Mano a Mano (2lv): Mano a Mano only can target engaged enemy at first action.
- Blood-Rite: Blood-Rite is more flexible and can deal 2 damage. However, bonded card occupy hand slot and needs 2 resource cost.
- Coup de Grâce; Coup de Grace deal 1 damage and immediately end your turn.
- Sneak Attack (or 2lv); Sneak Attack can only target exhausted (or not engaged for 2lv) enemy.
- Small Favor: Small Favor can only target non-elite, provoke AoO, and needs 4 resources (for 2 damage).
This card can deal 2 damage to any enemy at your location; there is no condition (engaged/exhausted/non-elite) at all. Also, this card has cheap cost (1 resource) and does not provoke AoO. Moreover, this card is neutral card. For , this card has spell trait for combo such as Arcane Initiate, Robes of Endless Night, Dayana Esperence, or De Vermis Mysteriis. It's the only problem that "deal damage" effect does not guarantee (and has only 50% chance). Adding may help to increase this chance, but this means that you may only consider this card with deck. (I'll omit and doesn't consider "heal 2 damage" ability in this review.)
But what if the chaos bag has no ? Then, it's always selected "deal 2 damage" effect whenever no token is added into bag! The token can be sealed at Crystalline Elder Sign, The Codex of Ages, Serpents of Yig, or Day of Reckoning. Furthermore, Jim Culver and Daisy Walker can do by theirselves. Jim can treat revealed as by his ability. Daisy must treat revealed as (or , , ) with The Necronomicon.